Hunter Medicare Local Psychology Service is able to offer psychology services to children, adolescents and adults experiencing problems with their emotional, social or psychological health by providing access to sessions with experienced Psychologists & Clinical Psychologists.
GP Referral Advice Line – (02) 4926 0529
Referral advice is available to GPs to enable them to access the most appropriate and timely care for their patients.
For further information contact Katrina Delamothe on Ph: (02) 4926 0529 Email: Katrina Delamothe
Hunter Urban Medicare Local Psychology Service can be referred to for the following non-crisis presentations.
- Anxiety (including generalised anxiety, social anxiety, panic, specific phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, school/performance anxiety)
- Depression and mood disorders
- Rehabilitation & Injury Counselling
- Workplace stress/Bullying
- Stress management/Relaxation
- Pain Management
- Eating disorders/Weight management
- Psychological aspects of medical conditions and treatment/Infertility
- Grief & Loss issues
- Post trauma difficulties
- Adjustment disorders and life transitions
- Sleep disorders
- Addiction/Impulsive behaviours e.g. substance use, gambling
- Relationship difficulties
- Conflict resolution
- Behavioural problems
- Parenting assistance
- Parent – child relationships
- Child and adult learning difficulties
- Attention deficit disorders
- Adolescent developmental issues
Patients can be referred by their GP under:
- Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative
- Medicare Allied Health & Dental Care Initiative
- WorkCover / other insurance schemes
- Health funds
- Private patients can also be seen.
Hunter Medicare Local Psychology Service does not provide a crisis service.
Should your patient require urgent assistance or need to talk to someone straight away please call:
- Lifeline (24 hrs) 13 11 14
- Kids Help Line (Under 18) 1800 55 1800
- Hunter New England Mental Health Service (24 hrs) - 1800 655 085.
- Domestic Violence Line 1800 656 463
- Rape Crisis Centre – 1800 424 017
- Sexual Assault Service – (9-5pm) 4924 6333 or After hours 4921 3888
- Parent help line – 132 055 (9-4.30pm)
- Family Crisis Service (after hrs only) - 9622 0522 or 9622 0313
- NSW Victims of Crime Support Line - 1800 633 063
- DOCS Helpline (24hr Child Protection Service) 132 111