AGM, Elections and Constitution
The Role of Director in Hunter Primary Care Ltd
Responsibilities of the board
The constitution of Hunter Primary Care Ltd, trading as Hunter Medicare Local, sets out the responsibilities of the Board and of Directors and gives to them the power to govern the organisation in order to achieve its mission and strategic corporate plans.
The following are generally accepted Directors’ responsibilities:
- have the overall responsibility for corporate governance
- set the strategic direction of the company and the goals for management
- review the plans of management, and monitor the performance of management against those plans in achieving the established goals
- ensure compliance with statutory responsibilities.
The Board, guided by good practice governance principles, has established policy to assist the Board and new directors in fulfilling their roles. Members wishing to nominate for Member-nominated Director positions on the Board, should be familiar with the Corporations Act, Part 2D, Duties and Powers of Directors, and should review the following policy documents available from the Secretary:
- Board Governance
- Code of Conduct for Hunter Primary Care Ltd Board Members
In preparing their candidates’ statements (150 word limit), nominees should note their relevant experience in the following areas:
- corporate governance,
- business management,
- the local healthcare system, and
- leadership roles,
and indicate any additional skills that they would bring to the Board.
Our Constitution is available for all community members and health professionals to view on the link below.
|20 Nov, 2012||Hunter Primary Care Constitution||163.06kb|