About Hunter Medicare Local
Hunter Medicare Local is a not for profit primary health care organisation that aims to improve the health of the Hunter community by:
1. Improving service integration and coordination.
2. Supporting clinicians and service providers to improve patient care.
3. Identifyng the health needs of local areas and developing locally focused programs and services.
4. Conducting prevention and health promotion programs
Hunter Medicare Local (Hunter ML) covers a region that encompasses the following twelve (12) Local Government areas; Cessnock, Dungog, Gloucester, Great Lakes, Greater Taree City,,Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Muswellbrook, Newcastle, Port Stephens, Singleton and Upper Hunter.
For more information please browse our website or pick up the phone and call us on (02) 4925 2259. For after hours care, please phone 1300 130 147.
Click here to view a profile of our Directors
The constitution of Hunter Primary Care limited (ACN 061 783 015) trading as Hunter Medicare Local and GP Access After Hours, sets out the responsibilities of the Board and of Directors and gives to them the power to govern the organisation in order to achieve its mission and strategic corporate plans. The Board of Hunter Primary Care Limited currently has ten members, five member-nominated Directors and five Board-nominated Directors. Board members responsibilities:
- have the overall responsibility for corporate governance
- set the strategic direction of the company and the goals for management
- review the plans of management, and monitor the performance of management against those plans in achieving the established goals
ensure compliance with statutory responsibilities.
Current Board Members
Ms Karen Howard (Chair)
Dr Milton Sales
Laurence Benjamin (Ben) Wilkins
Dr Belinda Jane Guest
Mr Robert Horne
Dr. Trent Watson
Ms. Kelly Jones
Dr Annette Carruthers